Conditional Grant Scheme
The 2007 Conditional Grants Scheme formulated by the Federal Government of Nigeria
is designed as the vehicle through which savings made from the Debit Relief will
be expended on projects that support our Nation’s quest for the actualization of
the Millennium Development Goals (MDGS). Under the 2007 scheme, the projects are
narrowed down to focus on:
- Primary Heath care-related projects and programmes that support child and maternity
- Rural waterrification projects that provide solar power to rural households, local
schools and primary health care centres.
- Rural water supply and sanitation projects located close to, and impacting local
primary schools and health clinics.
- Projects that support and encourage Public – Private Partnerships in the health,
water and education sectors.
In the light of the above, the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has
in conjunction with the Area Council Authorities received the approval of the MDG
office (Presidency) to undertake these programmes:
- Provision of Basic Clinic Equipment for Maternal and Child Health Care in Fifty
five (55) Health Facilities.
- Solar powered motorized borehole with connection to Health Facility in the Fifty
five (55) Community Water Supply Schemes.
- Provision of insecticide treated Bed nets for children less than one (1) year old
and Pregnant Women utilizing the Area Councils’ available services.
- Scaling up routine Immunization services with Community linkages ( reaching every
- Construction of solar powered potable water supply to various primary schools within
the six Area Councils(230 Units)
- Construction of Four(4) compartments ventilated improved pit latrines within the
6 Area Councils of the FCT (230 units).
All projects are in line with the aspiration and yearnings of the NEEDS, FEEDS and
LEEDS programme of the FCTA.